Friday 27 January 2012

What a CRAZY two weeks!!!!

I've been housebound with sick kids, and hadn't worked out or ran in three THREE weeks (save for an hour of hot yoga for which I am thankful)!! To top it off I have been on my own with the kids for two weeks. Needless to say I have been going absolutely crazy from cabin fever. The weather has been grey and miserable to boot, and with the lack of exercise I could really feel my mood slipping.
Yesterday I finally had all three kids in school, and I got to go the gym!!! Had a terrible run on the treadmill, but all - in - all it was a good workout, and I went this morning and had a great workout, and I cannot believe the change in my mood. I feel like a brand new woman!

Hopefully next week will see back into some sort of proper routine running wise. My 5 km race is in 8 weeks, and I really want to get my time down to 30 minutes!!!

1 comment:

  1. use one of Hal's plans....I'd pick something btwn novice and intermediate.....and you don't have to work out all the days he says if you don't want to. You'll HAVE to do speedwork or you won't get faster.

    Sorry about your kids, Logan, Colin and i were all sick too :(

    ReplyDelete