Friday 6 January 2012

I'm going to post the link to my old blog, just in case anyone is interested, lots from when the kids were younger and tons about Ella's first years!!!!


http://thedoodlebugz.blogspot.com/

So, I had no car yesterday, (Kev's was in the shop, same today - only it's my van in) and I was feeling a bit cooped up. I had five kids yesterday, actually at one point it was up to seven!! The kids were all good, it's just that sometimes I find it's a lot of bodies in the house!!! So by the time I got to the gym last night I bit off more than I could chew. Started out fine, did a 10 min warm-up on the elliptical (which I didn't hate quite as much yesterday - I find each minute painful but am determined to not let it get the better of me), then did the weight circuit but only my upper body as I was going to run. Forgot to do my abs though :( Then in my infinite wisdom I plugged a 5km run into the treadmill... I am new to running period and have only run on the treadmill a few times now and find it hard. About half way through I was really struggling but there was no way I was giving up. Can you say stubborn?? I got through it, but it took 38 minutes. I think next time I want to do a run like that, I won't do anything else that day and see if that works better.

Next week is going to be a challenge as far as working out goes. The kids are back to school and Kevin is away for the first part of the week. I also have a couple of school meetings I think, so I don't think I will get to the gym until Thursday, although I may see if I can sneak out Monday night after karate if our awesome babysitter is around!

House is still quiet this morning! The boys are here but only Ella is up. Have to get the girls going though because I need to give Honey (our Standard Poodle) a bath. Her allergies are flaring up again and her skin is bad. I'm hoping to get it under control without a visit to the vet since both cars have been in the shop this week ($$$$), and Jaxie (greyhound) and Lucy (bad kitty) are due (last month) for needles. I'll let them sleep a but longer though - this sleeping in thing is new, and it is back to the grindstone on Monday so they might as well enjoy it while they can :)

I'll start putting some pictures up soon as well!






No comments:

Post a Comment